Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Happiness in PHPR

In a sense, PHPR for me has been refreshing so far. As mentioned in class, before we started with Porter again, I feel like I needed a break from O'Connor. I felt as though the image of Miranda and Adam's relationship was separated from the rest of the text. When I was visualizing their playtime, escaping from the realities of the war, it seemed like a new chapter, and a new emotion being portrayed. I think this was the most refreshing part for me about PHPR...we rarely get to see Porter or O'Connor's characters enjoying themselves the way Miranda and Adam did in each others' presenses. Of course it wasn't picture perfect, since Miranda is revealing signs of her illness, but this one section of the text sucked me in, hoping for something other than abandonment, death, or depression.

No comments: