Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Otherness in Maria Concepcion

****Catch up post****

I don't really have a whole lot to say that hasn't been said about Maria Concepcion. I was thinking about using this story in my essay, but I'm thinking against it. The reason being because I am writing about otherness in the Mexico stories, and I just think the MC would complicate things for me. MC tells about otherness through the "other's" eyes. Except that the person writing the story is not the other. I am not saying that Porter is a bad writer, or this is was a bad move on her part, but I cannot take anything in the story too seriously because she is still writing as an outsider. Even if she lived in Mexico, she is still not Mexican.

Actually, now that I'm writing this post, I just got a bunch of ideas on how I can use this story to benefit my essay. I love blogging!

No comments: